TDD is BS?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 09:52:26 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 20 June 2013 at 14:46:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I dislike this. I've seen conference talks and such where the
> speakers present the inevitable throwaway implementation that
> is patently wrong but makes the first unittest pass. That
> mindset doesn't sit well with me at all. I don't see why I need
> to waste time writing tongue-in-cheek code that is nonsensical
> and will obviously be deleted next.

There is this war story about the team coding some early version
of Excel. The management decided to put very severe deadline on
when features. Many dev ended up writing method like this, so the
feature can be delivered in time, as it is now a bug if it fails.