Time to split up std.datetime into a package?

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 05:23:48 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 20 June 2013 at 18:54:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> IMHO, the obvious split (and what I've wanted to do for some
> time) is
>
> std/datetime/common.d
> std/datetime/interval.d
> std/datetime/timepoint.d
> std/datetime/timezone.d
>
> common would primarily have the free functions; interval would
> have the three
> interval types and their related range stuff; timepoint would
> have all four of
> the time point types (SysTime, DateTime, Date, and TimeOfDay);
> and timezone
> would have the time zone types.

If possible, I'd like to have a separate submodule for the
StopWatch/Benchmarking stuff; that's probably more than 90% of
what I use std.datetime for. Even if importing
std.datetime.stopwatch ends up pulling most of the rest
implicitly, I think the improvement to the documentation alone
would be worthwhile.

Cheers,
Wyatt