OT: CS education gone wrong (Was: Re: TDD is BS?)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:22:59 PDT 2013

Just for laughs I just slapped together a strstr and it made me
realize a little thing I do in D that I never did in C:

assert()

I use it all over the place in D, pretty much any time I make an
assumption, I slap it down in an assert.

But I don't I ever, not once, used any kind of assertion in C or
C++. I think this is a fairly significant gain that can be
attributed to it being built in to D. It is just silly not to do
it when it is there.