What features of D are you using now which you thought you'd never goint to use?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Jun 22 12:40:14 PDT 2013

On 06/22/2013 05:17 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Anyway, what features are you using now that you thought you'd never
> use when you started out using D?

Ranges, of course :-)

When I was first using D I knew that there were these things called ranges that
were supposedly D's superior solution to what C++ did with iterators, but I
didn't really understand what they were in practice, beyond the fact that they
were these things that one could foreach() over.

It didn't take too long to get the hang of using some of the entities from
std.range (iota is a favourite), but what I hadn't imagined was that I'd
actually start writing ranges myself as a habitual part of program design.
These days I do so all the time.