OT: CS education gone wrong (Was: Re: TDD is BS?)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 10:34:51 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 16:28:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> foreach(ln; stdin.byLine(KeepTerminator.yes)) {

Yeah.

> Would be awesome if an Apache extension would make it trivial
> to write Web pages in D.

Just use cgi or fastcgi, both are really easy to configure on
apache (often needing nothing more than copying your executable
into /cgi-bin/, or adding three lines to ,htaccess), and being
separate processes, if you crash them it is no big deal. No need
to do set up a reverse proxy or get your system administrator to
load strange new Apache modules.

Or if you are just playing, you can skip apache altogether and
use a D http server, like my cgi.d and vibe.d both offer
(vibe.d's scales way better but mine is simpler).

But I kinda want to play with this now with shared libraries just
for something to do so maybe I will.