OT: CS education gone wrong (Was: Re: TDD is BS?)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 11:42:09 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 18:02:04 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> I can see reasons for wanting to keep it behind reverse proxy
> like nginx, but Apache?

Generally, I don't trust random http servers connected to the
open internet for correctness, stability, security, and logging.

Especially not my code, There's a lot of the http protocol I
never implemented, and putting apache, nginx, IIS, whatever, I'm
just using Apache here because Andrei mentioned it, out in front
will filter some of that out before it gets to my app.

And who knows what kinds of hidden bugs my code has, so having a
tested and reliable server out there to revive my process if it
dies is nice too.