memory allocation in dmd

Richard Webb richard.webb at boldonjames.com
Tue Jun 25 07:18:04 PDT 2013

On 24/06/2013 13:11, Richard Webb wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 12:23:14 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
>>
>> http://www.softwareverify.com/cpp-memory.php - i like this one
>>

> I've used that at work, though mainly for looking for leaks rather than
> memory profiling.
> Might try running DMD thruogh it if i get some time.

I had a go at running the VC build of DMD through Memory Validator,
using "-release -unittest -c
D:\DTesting\dmd.2.063\src\phobos\std\algorithm.d".

It ran for about 45 mins, completed, and then locked up :-(

I've put a screen shot of the object types list @
<http://tinyurl.com/qybudb4> as an example of what it shows - didn't get
a chance to look at anything else before it fell over.