Opinions on DConf talks

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 25 10:29:44 PDT 2013

On 25 June 2013 16:18, Joakim <joakim at airpost.net> wrote:
> Now that the last talk from DConf is up, I thought it might be a good time
> to review them, as someone who didn't attend.
>
> From the standpoint of a D conference, the worst talk was Walter's.  It was
> clearly aimed at a non-D audience, so there was nothing new there for a D
> audience: I'm guessing it's a familiar talk he gives to outside groups.
> However, as a recording on the internet, it might be the best talk for
> newbies, as an introduction to the language, as every other talk goes deeper
> into the language.
>
> I wish Walter had done a real technical talk on his experiences developing D
> and dmd, as he is a font of knowledge on many technical topics, rather than
> a basic overview of D.  Maybe next year, perhaps he can talk about porting
> dmd to D. :)

Actually, when having coffee between myself, Brad, Walter and Manu
before the conference.  I'm pretty certain he mentioned feeling a bit
odd that he was going to do largely a non-technical talk.  And to be
honest, a keynote speech should be kept non-technical.  :)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';