Anybody using D's COM objects?

Tavi Cacina octavian.cacina at outlook.com
Tue Jun 25 12:19:28 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 25 June 2013 at 18:29:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Any projects using AddRef() and Release()?

Just plans. I think on Windows would be the best way to integrate
in a legacy code base, exposing COM objects from D. I hope the
Juno COM server functionality still works (and will), even if the
class allocators are deprecated in D2:
https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/Juno-Windows-Class-Library/blob/master/juno/com/core.d?#L3174
.
On the client side, I try to integrate with Direct2D/DirectWrite
which are COM based. I use a wrapper struct though
(ComPtr!IFace), that invokes automatically AddRef/Release.