why allocators are not discussed here

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:50:36 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 25 June 2013 at 22:22:09 UTC, cybervadim wrote:
> (introducing a new keyword allocator)

It would be easier to just pass an allocator object that provides
the necessary methods and don't use new at all. (I kinda wish new
wasn't in the language. It'd make this a little more consistent.)

The allocator's create function could also return wrapped types,
like RefCounted!T or NotNull!T depending on what it does.

Though the devil is in the details here and I don't think I can
say more without trying to actually do it.