Opinions on DConf talks

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:36:17 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 25 June 2013 at 22:16:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I don't see how we lose anything by having conferences like
> this.

There is possibly an opportunity cost: I'd be willing to work
significant time on D stuff, directed by the community, for a
year if paid the $30,000 we raised on kickstarter, and perhaps
even use spaces instead of tabs in the code [!!!] and I'm sure
I'm not the only one.

But the conference(s) may end up being worth more than
contracting some programmers, so it isn't necessarily a loss.