Opinions on DConf talks

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 17:09:52 PDT 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:58:59 -0400, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brutal! ;)

Wow, you're not as ugly as you type! :)

One thing that I would agree is that people are more civil, more
accommodating in person. I too cannot put enough value on actually
interacting with everyone instead of typing at them.  Personal interaction
is a very important thing, we take so many cues from body language in how
to interpret this ambiguous language (English, that is). We digital-age
folks tend to forget that.

Not just in burying hatchets, but tearing down biases as well... I can
think of a few people who are quite different in person than I was
expecting. Will not name names though :)

-Steve