D repl

Tyro[17] ridimz at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 21:29:27 PDT 2013

On 6/25/13 10:47 PM, cal wrote:
> I uploaded a small demo of a D repl i've been playing with, might be of
> some interest. It's not a robust bit of code, and is not my idea of a
> proper repl, but shows some possibilities. The video shows the repl
> running as a web server (using vibe) with a browser client which adds
> some pretty.
>
> Video is at: http://youtu.be/6Ycr4N1jb_g
> Code is at:  https://github.com/callumenator/dabble
>
> Note: the repl is windows only, as it uses Dll's and some custom loading
> code. When full dynamic loading support comes along, i guess it could
> run under linux, and probably be a bit more stable.

cal... thank you for working on and posting this. I could definitely
using something like this to get more understanding of what goes on
under the hood. Unfortunately I made a switch to *nix OSes (MAC OSX and
and more recently Ubuntu) back in 2011 and have never looked back. Can't
wait for *nix support to be implemented.

You suggest that it is not your idea of a proper repl. Is there plans of
returning to the drawing board to develop that idea from scratch?

Eagerly,
--

Andrew Edwards