Opinions on DConf talks

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Jun 25 23:08:39 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 26 June 2013 at 03:22:16 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I guess, in summary, sorry you were underwhelmed/disappointed.
> To be
> honest, I was too, I'd hoped I could offer more. I think a lot
> of other
> people did too... but maybe next year there will be another one
> with an
> additional year's practical experience...? :)
No need to apologize or defend your talk.  I was simply expecting
a talk about "Using D Alongside a Game Engine," not "Integrating
D into an Existing C++ Game Engine." ;) Your talk was a nice
technical introduction to the latter, I'm sure it was very useful
for those wondering about the potential pitfalls of integrating
with C++ and it was kind of amazing all the hoops you jumped
through.  The last part of your talk, where you talked about
actual D use, was what I was looking forward to the whole talk
being about.  Maybe next year, :) as you say.