Opinions on DConf talks

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:32:19 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 26 June 2013 at 15:58:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/26/13 5:23 AM, Kagamin wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 25 June 2013 at 19:38:04 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
>>> But one little thing that comes in mind now is: It really
>>> needs this
>>> type of conference when we live in Internet era?
>>
>> I believe conferences privatize information. Dconf is not half
>> bad, but
>> there're much worse cases. Video is low-quality medium to
>> deliver
>> technical information, in some cases it's completely
>> inaccessible. Well,
>> if it's not supposed to share information, then ok, but
>> usually it's
>> persieved in a different way.
>
> This all seems very odd to me.
>
> Andrei

You've spent to much time running the confs. When you can't go,
they are the most frustrating thing ever. So much information is
exchanged and so many people are out of it.

I remember finding myself watching conferences live at completely
crazy schedules due to timeshift.

I guess recording provide a fair balance. Especially since
DConf's are very high quality.