TDD is BS?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jun 26 13:58:18 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 04:24:27PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:03:57 -0700
> "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 06:12:57PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
[...]
> > >   Now, I'm a strong believer in being self-taught and learning
> > >   from books, but all I need for that is a library card, not a
> > >   $100k debt and four years of elitist attitudes from people who
> > >   clearly don't know what they're doing anyway.
> >
> > Heh. Nearly all of my programming skills are self-taught (well, and
> > learned from experience now that I have some number of years in the
> > industry), but I'm no reader either. I was doing online learning
> > long before the 'Net became cool,
>
> Actually, my first introduction to programming was the interactive
> tutorial disks that came with the Apple IIc. I sometimes find it kind
> of depressing that instruction isn't even *that* far along anymore,
> let alone any further advanced.

Yeah, no kidding! In the Good Ole Days (gosh I'm old :-P) the Apple PCs
used to come with *full listings of the ROM code*, schematic diagrams of
PC internals, and voltage/amperage levels and pin diagrams along with
suggestions of how to hook it up to homemade electronics. A far cry from
today's blackboxed lawyer-guarded device rentals. Sigh.

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.