Notes from C++ static analysis

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:09:00 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 26 June 2013 at 20:51:54 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> So the compiler would eagerly turn arguments into compile-time
> parameters and offer some trait to check if a particular
> instantiation of writefln made 'fmt' a template argument ?

Yeah, something like that. Or making literals a different type
that we can overload on (which would also be kinda cool for user
defined replacements for them).

writefln(T...)(__string_literal fmt, T t)

distinct from string fmt. The literals would always be available
at compile time, whether the function is a template or not.