Notes from C++ static analysis

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 04:47:53 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 27 June 2013 at 06:59:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> But if we make a design decision that favors 1% of our userbase

I really think we all need to be more careful about these kinds
of statements. I often see posts on the newsgroup where someone
says "feature/function X is totally useless".... and it is
something I actually use.

In this thread, there's I think three people who said the extra
arguments are a good thing (myself, Andrei, and Peter). And
there's what, maybe a dozen participants in the thread (I didn't
count, I think it is less though)?

That's not a big enough sample to be statistically significant,
but what are the odds that this thread is so skewed that only 1%
of D's userbase feels this way, when 25% of the thread disagrees?