DIP43 - D/Objective-C

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.ca
Sat Jun 29 08:31:00 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-29 12:58:45 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:

> I have created a DIP for making D ABI compatible with Objective-C. This
> idea has already been announced, what I've done now is created a proper
> DIP. The DIP is basically Michel Fortin's original designed document
> properly formatted and put next to the other DIP's.
>
> DIP link: http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP43
> Original announcement:
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kq7li9$2j9v$1@digitalmars.com

There's no mention of the type of the class returned by NSObject.class.
That type is NSObject.Class. Each Objective-C class has its own Class
inner metaclass. Static methods are implemented behind the scene as
members of this metaclass. This is already implemented.

As for interfaces, they should have a "meta-interface" too implemented
by the metaclasses of those classes implementing the interface. I don't
think this has been done yet.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.ca