UDP enhancement

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 30 19:06:17 PDT 2013

On Monday, July 01, 2013 04:03:41 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 7/1/13, JS <js.mdnq at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But yet absolutely useless and does nothing over using a field
> > directly.
>
> Not completely useless, this syntax would theoretically disallow
> taking the address of such a field.

Yeah. public fields and property functions are _not_ interchangeable, much as
we'd like them to be. By going with what I suggested, you get the short syntax
of declaring a variable, but you end up with actual functions so that you
don't have issues with later swapping the field out with property functions
that you write yourself when you decide that you need them to do more.

- Jonathan M Davis