D vs C++ - Where are the benchmarks?

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sun Jun 30 23:09:39 PDT 2013

Am 01.07.2013 03:07, schrieb Kapps:
> If you're concerned about performance, I'd recommend against
> using DMD for your release builds. GDC and LDC will give much
> better performance, and GDC works perfectly fine on Windows. LDC
> has some problems with exception handling AFAIK on Windows.

GDC got the same Exception problems like LDC - no support for SEH
but Exceptions are working - only the Windows-internal-Exception ->
D-Exception transition is not working properbly

but even using Visual Studio you need to add special flags or using
__try, __catch to get these - so normaly not a problem