Error on Linux: "cannot find source code for runtime library file 'object.d' "

Vectrum vectrum at rediffmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:29:53 PST 2013

I've just started using D but, unfortunately I
got an error while compiling the following
D code;

import std.stdio;
main()
{
     writefln("%sHello, World!");
}

It gives me the following error;

$ dmd hello.d
Error: cannot find source code for runtime library file 'object.d'
          dmd might not be correctly installed. Run 'dmd -man' for
          installation instructions.
import path[0] = /usr/local/src/phobos

I installed D twice, used a shell-script second time when
got the error but so phobos copied to two locations and
dmd.conf has been changed accordingly.

[Environment]
DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/d/phobos2 -L-L/usr/local/lib
DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/src/phobos -L-L/usr/local/lib

Plase tell me what is the correct location for the lib and
standard .d files.
I'm getting very frustrated and none bothers to address
the issue. I hope I haven't made a silly mistake.

Regards.