Additional Binary Operators

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Mar 1 14:03:37 PST 2013

Paul D. Anderson:

> I am NOT suggesting that we include ALL these mathematical
> symbols as operators. If it was up to me I'd include just the
> middle dot, the cross product and the wedge product, but YMMV.

If you want to introduce new standard operators, I suggest to
keep their number very low. And I suggest to avoid Unicode
symbols.

The operators I find useful for me are one more product operator,
a max infix operator and a min infix operator.

Maybe #* #max #min? (Also usable with a "=" prefix, #=* #=max
#=min).

Bye,
bearophile