Proposed improvements to the separate compilation model

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 05:24:30 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 March 2013 at 13:19:35 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

Ah, beg my pardon, misunderstood you a bit. Still, difference I
am trying to point is that virtual vs final does not rely on
actual method implementation at all, while proper CTFE function
needs to be written with CTFE in mind as different subset of
language can be used. If one function will be found CTFE-able by
accident and used in such, any change to its implementation that
will add non-CTFE features (preserving public function interface
and behavior) will break user code.