Migrating dmd to D?

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:34:38 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 March 2013 at 05:48:30 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Yes, and those will fail to link.

Ok, checked this out. While it is cool that you can get all fat
stuff out and get your hello world of the same binary size as
plain C one, resulting language is actually less usable than C
(array literals) and lacks my main reason to use D (templates and
friends). May be it can be used in pair with custom re-written
from scratch run-time to create something usable - I'd argue that
at least templates should not require run-time stuff at all.