Cross compilers; GDC/LDC

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 16:41:08 PST 2013

...it occurs to me that MIPS doesn't really have a single standardised SIMD
instruction set.

There are a few extensions. I've worked on 3 popular MIPS devices; they all
have SIMD, but they are all different.
I'm not sure they are available as options in the standard GCC MIPS arch. I
think they are added via vendor patches.

So don't sorry about MIPS I guess, it sounds like too much effort! I'll
hassle the vendors some time in the future...