How to tune numerical D? (matrix multiplication is faster in g++ vs gdc)

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Sun Mar 3 20:45:12 PST 2013

I suggest that you move this line

GC.disable;

to the first line.

I don't see how you are doing your timings so that part is a wild
card.

Also note that when the GC is re-enabled it can add a significant
amount of time to the tests. You are not explicitly re-enabling
the GC, but I don't know if the GC kicks back as part of program
termination, it probably shouldn't but we lack precise
documentation and cannot be certain.

I would test timings immediately after the GC is disabled and
prior to program termination to see what affects the GC may or
may not have on the timings.

--rt