Cross compilers; GDC/LDC

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 05:34:53 PST 2013

MIPS-3D and DMX are allegedly common, but not in any device I own (although
I'd like to consider them in my work all the same).
Popular MIPS devices are:
  Android
    Ingenic XBurst is in many existing Android devices, and has its own
SIMD unit.
    MIPS64 chips should be appearing in Android devices soon (which should
support MIPS-3D)
    Google has a toolchain build script
  Sony PSP
    Has a custom (and AWESOME!) SIMD unit
    Toolchain with vendor extensions is(/was) easy to build:
https://github.com/pspdev/psptoolchain
  Sony PS2 is a very interesting research device, but it's old and
irrelevant now
    The toolchain is quite hard to build :( (
https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2toolchain)

While I'm digging up the console build scripts, there are some other well
maintained scripts:
  Sony PS3 - https://github.com/ps3dev/ps3toolchain
    Builds PPE (PPC arch) and SPU (dedicated super-fast SIMD coprocessor,
best simd unit on earth!) toolchains
  Nintendo WiiU, Wii, Gamecube - https://github.com/Vithon/devkitppcsh
    PPC system, but with paired single unit instead of standard VMX