Proposed improvements to the separate compilation model

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Mon Mar 4 15:36:17 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 March 2013 at 06:18:35 UTC, Manu wrote:
> +1_000_000_000
>
> Yes please!
> It's near impossible to get a brief overview of a class at a
> glance in D!

I agree it's very handy to get an overview of a class or struct
or module interface, however I think that the IDE should deal
with this problem rather than using a duplication of source code
as a solution.

The relatively primitive IDE that I use allows me to at least
perform function folding, which in some ways helps solve the
problem, albeit in a poor way, but it hints that better tools can
solve the problem rather nicely without a duplication of code.

--rt