Proposed improvements to the separate compilation model

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Mar 5 08:53:44 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 5 March 2013 at 14:40:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-03-05 13:48, eles wrote:
> True. But how does the compiler get this information if you're
> using a pre compiled library and a .di file?

I imagine that a similar question was asked about the virtual
methods...
Hide that into a pre-compiled's library special field, for
example.
The runtime would maintain a "private data description"
information about each class, read from the module. Private
variables would simply not be put into the class, but in run-time
specific data.