The new std.process is ready for review

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 13:55:24 PST 2013

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:04:14 -0500, Vladimir Panteleev
<vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

> 4. Is there any way to deal with pipe clogging (pipe buffer getting
> exceeded when manually handling both input and output of a subprocess)?
> Can we query the number of bytes we can immediately read/write without
> blocking on a File?

I don't know how this could happen, can you elaborate?  Perhaps an example?

We are sort of stuck with File being the stream handler in phobos, which
means we are currently stuck with FILE *.  I don't know if there is a way
to do partial reads/writes on a FILE *, or checking to see if data is
available.

-Steve