Cross compilers; GDC/LDC

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Mar 6 13:09:52 PST 2013

Am Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:34:53 +1000
schrieb Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>:

> MIPS-3D and DMX are allegedly common, but not in any device I own
> (although I'd like to consider them in my work all the same).
> Popular MIPS devices are:
>   Android
>     Ingenic XBurst is in many existing Android devices, and has its
> own SIMD unit.
>     MIPS64 chips should be appearing in Android devices soon (which
> should support MIPS-3D)
>     Google has a toolchain build script
>   Sony PSP
>     Has a custom (and AWESOME!) SIMD unit
>     Toolchain with vendor extensions is(/was) easy to build:
> https://github.com/pspdev/psptoolchain
>   Sony PS2 is a very interesting research device, but it's old and
> irrelevant now
>     The toolchain is quite hard to build :( (
> https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2toolchain)
>
> While I'm digging up the console build scripts, there are some other
> well maintained scripts:
>   Sony PS3 - https://github.com/ps3dev/ps3toolchain
>     Builds PPE (PPC arch) and SPU (dedicated super-fast SIMD
> coprocessor, best simd unit on earth!) toolchains
>   Nintendo WiiU, Wii, Gamecube - https://github.com/Vithon/devkitppcsh
>     PPC system, but with paired single unit instead of standard VMX

I wanted to test devkitPPC and devkitARM builds anyway as I own
homebrew enabled Gamecube / Wii / DS.

I uploaded devkitPPC and devkitARM binaries here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b8pgyvbotbgpd

That's only the compiler part you still need devkitPro. Unfortunately
the buildscript isn't as comfortable as crosstool-NG and I realized too
late that I didn't copy some shared libraries to all places. All
necessary DLLs are in devkitARM/libexec/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/. You
have to copy

libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
libgmp-10.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libmpfr-4.dll
zlib1.dll

devkitARM/bin
devkitARM/arm-none-eabi/bin
devkitPPC/bin
devkitPPC/powerpc-eabi/bin
devkitPPC/libexec/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.7.2

PS3 should be possible as well but I won't promise anything as it
already took too long to build devkitPro ;-)

the GCC for PS2 is way too old. PSP is also at gcc 4.6.3 so it can't be
supported easily.