Proposal for custom time string formatting in std.datetime

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Mar 6 19:22:13 PST 2013

On Thursday, March 07, 2013 00:39:06 Iain S wrote:
> Could I jump back to the original proposal...
>
> Two years after this thread started, I find there is no way to
> print a datetime string in the format I desire..  D doesn't have
> the functionality of strftime(), but does have a hundred or so
> functions that do related, but not quite right, things..
>
> Could this change?

Of course it could change, and it will, but a design must be agreed upon, and
I've been very busy of late, so I haven't been doing a lot with D, and this
has definitely fallen by the wayside. I need to get back to it, and I will. I
just haven't yet. And coming up with a design that's both easy to use and very
flexible is difficult. But some variation of what's been discussed will likely
end up getting into Phobos at some point.

- Jonathan M Davis