having a folder containing dots in the import path

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Mar 7 17:42:58 PST 2013

On Thursday, March 07, 2013 15:06:42 Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Wouldn't it be confusing at least to programmers that 'import a.b.c.d;'
> might also match file d under the path a/b/c?
>
> I wouldn't use a dot in directory names.

Definitely not. It's a foolish thing to do. It only works here, because the
module was told that it was a.b.c.d, in which case the directory structure
wasn't what was used to find the module. Folders and files that are packages and
modules really should match the names of the packages and modules that they
are and use valid identifier names.

- Jonathan M Davis