Optlink is on github

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Mar 8 00:58:24 PST 2013

On 3/8/2013 12:50 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> If we have our own linker for every supported platform and format I pretty sure
> that we can take advantage of that and come up with features not possible using
> other linkers.
>
> For example, storing .di files directly in the object file. This has also been
> suggested before.

Sure, but who is going to do the work?

BTW, we did come up with our librarian (it's built in to dmd) and it works great
- enabling simple, smooth handling of libraries in a way that no other similar
language does. Notice, though, there are 4 completely distinct code bases to
support it, for the 4 main platforms. The librarian is a simple program, but
linkers are much more complex.