Optlink is on github

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:40:38 PST 2013

On 3/8/13, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> On 3/7/2013 8:16 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>> Personally, even though I don't use win32, I believe that moving it over
>> to use the VS toolchain and runtime is the
>> right path forward.
>
> I like being able to provide a completely free D toolchain for win32.

s/for win32/./

:)

Honestly D has huge potential for tools like compilers/linkers/etc.
They're the types of programs where you practically know all your
requirements at compile-time, so e.g. generics come into play really
nicely.

We should keep the idea of having a free D toolchain for all OSes in
the back of our heads, even if we don't work on it any time soon.