Migrating dmd to D?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 02:14:12 PST 2013

On Saturday, 9 March 2013 at 09:08:09 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Debian also allows proprietary software such as NVIDIA drivers,
> it is
> just that they are in the non-free repository instead of the
> free
> repository. Non-free is not available by default in Debian but
> it is
> there. I use it all the time for NVIDIA drivers and some other
> stuff.

The support is clearly not as good. I got into an argument few
month ago with some debian maintainers. The topic was that it was
impossible to compile wine on a machine with the nvidia drivers.
I came up with the issue, and even a fix, a receive basically a
GTFO, we don't care about making a soft to run non free software
using non free driver.

I took several month (maybe more than a year) for the issue to be
solved, in a very similar manner to what I proposed in the first
place. I'm not the only one that had similar issues.

Debian is not per se against non free, but some maintainers are,
and it does matter.