The new std.process is ready for review

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 18:54:41 PST 2013

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:05:14 -0500, Lars T. Kyllingstad
<public at kyllingen.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at 16:45:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 17:38:09 -0500, Vladimir Panteleev
>> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, I should mention that I ran into several issues while
>>> trying to come up with the above example. The test program does not
>>> work on Windows, for some reason I get the exception:
>>>
>>> std.process2.ProcessException at std\process2.d(494): Failed to spawn new
>>> process (The parameter is incorrect.)
>>
>> I think Lars is on that.
>
> I'm going to need som help with this one.  I only have Linux on my
> computer, and I can't reproduce the bug in Wine.

Tried as well.  I have only a 32-bit license for Windows XP, so I don't
have a 64-bit VM to test with (this is not wine, but vmware, should be
exactly the same as running on a real windows box).  I gave away my
Windows 7 64-bit box :(

Anyway, on 32-bit XP I get a successful run:

100 lines of stdout, 100 lines of stderr

I can possibly try it on a laptop from work.  But not until Monday.

So it probably is a 64-bit-only issue.  I know you just added this part
Lars, and it uses microsoft's runtime.  Very different from the DMC
runtime.  But both should use the same OS call.  Will take a closer look
at the code around that line.

Vladimir, can you try compiling 32-bit windows and see if it works for
you, just to confirm?

-Steve