About structs and performant handling

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:25:08 PST 2013

> I think the type of the parameter that is passed is intrinsic
> to how the function gets compiled. I think, for that to work,
> the compiler would have to compile two versions of the
> function, one taking by-value and the other taking by-ref.

If we have this we have still the problem that moving a big
struct is slow.
My 'make' is a lot faster. Therefore I suggested this new
behaviour instead of the old deliberations about 'auto ref'. And
I thought, because it is probable, that 'auto ref' will never
work for non-template function, my Idea would be a nice
alternative. :)