I'd just like to say thanks for D

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sun Mar 10 05:56:54 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 10 March 2013 at 07:51:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> The more I deal with this language, the more I love it, and the
> more
> frustrating it is to deal with other languages (much as I like
> many of them as
> well). What we have isn't perfect, but overall, it's so clean
> and powerful
> that it's an absolute blast to work with. It's so amazingly
> easy to do so many
> things in it that are often frustratingly difficult in other
> languages. Ranges
> in particular make a huge difference in writing nicely
> idiomatic and
> straightforward code, but the language design as a whole is
> great (much as it
> still has a few warts - like all languages do).

I found this is interesting to hear that somebody with excellent
D project knowledge is happy with the language taking into
accounts bugs, non-completed features, limited third library
support and poor tool chain.

> So, I just felt like saying thanks to everyone who's put work
> into D and
> continues to do so. Keep up the good work!
> Now, if only I could use it at work... :)
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

In my experience there was decision to prefer another language
over D for reason of lacking libraries (finance area) - I would
have to implement great of functionality from scratch.