DDoc: possible to show inherited class members?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 11:17:01 PDT 2013

On 09/03/2013 07:06, Kapps wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 March 2013 at 02:08:15 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
<snip>
>> As far as I can tell, vibe.d's doc generation tool is doing this.
>>
>> http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/std/stream/EndianStream.html
>>

>> -Steve
>
> It would be nice if this was default,

It needs to be implemented in Ddoc first things first.  I suppose it
would be a matter of giving the choice between listing them as regular
methods (possibly with an "inherited" label) and listing them separately
in a distinct format as Javadoc does, and then expecting the specifics
of the distinct format to be covered in the Ddoc template.

> and possibly if there was an
> 'inherit' when overriding much like there is 'ditto' (or just default to
> base type documentation).

For overridden methods, and for inherited methods if they are being
listed as regular methods, it should just default to the inherited
documentation.  Possibly with an option to include an annotation that
the documentation is inherited.

Stewart.