I'd just like to say thanks for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Mar 10 13:30:26 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 08:19:06AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:32:42 +0400
> Gor Gyolchanyan <gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Jonathan M Davis
> > <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>wrote:
> >
> > > The more I deal with this language, the more I love it, and the
> > > more frustrating it is to deal with other languages (much as I
> > > like many of them as well). What we have isn't perfect, but
> > > overall, it's so clean and powerful that it's an absolute blast to
> > > work with. It's so amazingly easy to do so many things in it that
> > > are often frustratingly difficult in other languages. Ranges in
> > > particular make a huge difference in writing nicely idiomatic and
> > > straightforward code, but the language design as a whole is great
> > > (much as it still has a few warts - like all languages do).
> > >
> > > So, I just felt like saying thanks to everyone who's put work into
> > > D and continues to do so. Keep up the good work!
> > >

> ///ditto

///ditto :)

After programming in D, I just find C/C++ (which I have to use at work)
really painful. I keep finding myself wishing that some piece of code
was written in D, and thinking that if that buggy piece of code were
only written in D, things would be a lot different. :)

[...]
> bash/sh: How else were you gonna string together CLI commands, usable
> on virtually any Unix system?

One word: Perl. ;-) (But I admit I am greatly biased.)

[...]
> JavaScript: What other language you gonna use for client-side web?
[...]

Coming from you, I find that rather funny, and a little disturbing. ;-)

He who laughs last thinks slowest.