I'd just like to say thanks for D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Mar 10 14:34:24 PDT 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:30:26 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 08:19:06AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:32:42 +0400
> > Gor Gyolchanyan <gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote:

D is the only language where I found I liked it *more* the more I used
it. Everything else has been the other way around: The more I use them,
the more I get frustrated with their downsides and limitations.

> [...]
> > JavaScript: What other language you gonna use for client-side web?
> [...]
>
> Coming from you, I find that rather funny, and a little
> disturbing. ;-)

Heh :), well, regardless of my opinions of it though, the biggest
reason for JS's (unfortunate) success is not anything inherent about the
JS language itself, but simply because: for all the many people who want
to do a bunch of DHTML and such, it's the only option. (And yea, Java
applets and Flash were client-side, but those didn't actually enable
DHTML, AFAIK. Only JS could do that.)

> --
> He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"Hee hee hee hee hee...I don't get it!" -- Scooby Doo