I'd just like to say thanks for D

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Sun Mar 10 17:47:34 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 10 March 2013 at 10:33:10 UTC, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:

> In order to survive, one must become necessary for others. In
> case of D,
> all it takes to become irreplaceable is to have a bunch of
> libraries in D,
> that have no alternatives in other languages. Perhaps the
> uniqueness is not
> in what those libraries would do, but in how would those
> libraries do it. I
> believe the revamping of D's compile-time reflection that
> Andrei talked
> about some time ago is extremely important, because that would
> allow
> writing truly irreplaceable libraries.

A good start is to support a particular industry that no one else
is currently catering to in enough detail. If we could figure out
who is using D commercially to try and figure out what is seen as
being the main strengths, then the language and its libraries
could be strengthen further in those areas.

I will suggest that a great way to get that information is
through a user survey, where users can specify what they like or
dislike, what their main use cases are, what industry they use D
in, and so forth.

--rt