Translating sys/resource.h

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Sun Mar 10 23:33:29 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to ask for a little help with something.

I started translating the sys/resource.h POSIX header, because
some of it may be required in std.process (to get the number of
possible file descriptors, in order to close them all):

https://github.com/kyllingstad/druntime/blob/sysresource/src/core/sys/posix/sys/resource.d

(Regardless of how the discussion about how to handle file
descriptors in std.process turns out, I think we should aim for
full POSIX interface coverage in druntime.)

It would be great if someone who uses OSX, FreeBSD and/or Solaris
could take a look at their system headers, and help me fill in
the missing platform-dependent information.  I'm guessing that
the different OSes have different values for the various enums,
and that they may alias rlim_t to different types than Linux.
(Some of them may even put extra information into the structs, so
we may need to put them inside the version statements too.)

Please paste the code here, or, even better, open a pull request
against my repo. :)  Thanks!

Lars