About structs and performant handling

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 10:55:28 PDT 2013

Am Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:21:49 +0100
schrieb "Namespace" <rswhite4 at googlemail.com>:

> I also think that we do not need 'inline' or 'register'.
> Nowadays, compilers can really assess the situation much better
> than we do.

Not to forget that ever since we have Intel, AMD and different
generations of complex CPUs (branch prediction,
prefetching, ...) in coexistence all the work you do to
optimize on your CPU (which improves over the compiler
generated code) might slow down the next CPU.
Maybe embedded developers disagree with my x86 centristic view,
though :)

--
Marco