The new std.process is ready for review

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Tue Mar 12 15:03:41 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 12 March 2013 at 21:39:47 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:18:43 -0400, Lars T. Kyllingstad
> <public at kyllingen.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, 12 March 2013 at 14:10:34 UTC, Steven
>> Schveighoffer wrote:
>
> I think all are in agreement at this point that closing the
> files between fork and exec is a good solution.  Whether or not
> to ALSO set F_CLOEXEC wherever Phobos opens a file descriptor
> is an additional matter.

Yeah, I've read through the discussion now, and I think I agree.
I dislike the idea of looping over an unknown number of file
descriptors, but it is both the safest and least disruptive
strategy.

> As a fallback to standard unix behavior, we can have a Config
> option that says "don't do the close thing".

Config.dontDoTheCloseThing it is. ;)

Lars