ddoc should generate hyperlinks to source code

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 12 21:27:00 PDT 2013

timotheecour:

> enhancement request:
> in the ddoc documentation generation, hyperlinks should appear:
>
> bool equal(Range1, Range2)(Range1 r1, Range2 r2);
> => should contain a hyperlink from 'equal' to source code
> defining that function.

I am suggesting the same idea since some time :-)

You see this idea used in normal Haskell documentation, where
functions have links on the right to their source code:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Prelude.html

It's handy because in tricky situations the source helps you
understand the full exact semantic of the function. The link
avoids you wasting time searching the function in a long module
source code.

Bye,
bearophile