C++ guys hate static_if?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Mar 14 13:17:59 PDT 2013

> Though this is exactly a case where 100% unit test coverage doesn't mean much.
> All that means is that each path has been instantiated and run. It doesn't
> mean that it's covered enough possible instantiations to properly test the
> template.

I understand this. But my experience in the matter has been that if the tests
cover 100% of the code paths, the incidence of undetected bugs in the code goes
very, very low.

So, I disagree with "doesn't mean much". Pedantically, it means little, but
practically, it means a great deal.

(Of course, for multithreading you'd be right - runtime testing is notoriously
unproductive in finding concurrency mistakes.)