C++ guys hate static_if?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:23:50 PDT 2013

15-Mar-2013 00:12, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 3/14/2013 12:53 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> No it's not.
>> It's I'm out of words to even begin to describe how it doesn't do
>> what's needed
>> in this case. To start 'dmd -cov test.d' doesn't instantiate all of
>> templates
>> (or generate code to do so) with the right sets of types auto-magically.
>

> It helps by showing which paths were run by the testing.

It doesn't show which types ended up in each of template instantiation.
This is a critical piece of information.

The way around that would be having a separate file per combination of
type and run each with cov separately then use external tool to analyze
and aggregate the logs.

Far, far from 'having a tool to do this'. The aspect of running separate
tests is even more frustrating as  the fact compiler knows all of the
relevant info already.

--
Dmitry Olshansky